Bone broth offers a wide variety of powerful health benefits but our busy lifestyles make it difficult to make our own from scratch. We love Kettle & Fire bone broths which can be found in most grocery stores. People are drinking it to lose weight, improve their skin and nourish their joints.
Because of its nutritional value, we made this recipe with Kettle & Fire Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bone Broth soup. This recipe is creamy comfort food at its best!
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- ¼ cup organic unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced onions (yellow or white)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 ½-3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 ½ cups broth
- 1 cup almond or cashew milk (or organic whole milk)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (for a kick)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrots and broccoli for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Add liquids – broth, milk and cream. Blend well.
Add flour and seasonings. Blend well.
Bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with additional sea salt and pepper to taste.