The liver and colon function as elimination organs and when these organs are functioning properly, your body naturally gets rid of the body of toxins and waste.
This healthy vegetable soup packs in a major amount of nutrition and gives your body exactly what it needs to naturally detoxify.
Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large parsnip, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth (or quality canned)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (mix in or add as a topping)
Add oil to a large pot and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another few minutes. Add carrots, parsnips and celery and cook until tender.
Add broth, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add in zucchini and cook until soft. Serve with fresh parsley.