P3 Healing and Nutritious Creamy Soup Recipe
This Squash Soup is extremely healthy and packed full of healing ingredients! This soup is satisfying and perfect for the vegan, paleo, keto, and W30 diets.
This super creamy soup is dairy-free and very easy to make. Coconut milk makes it velvety smooth, with a subtle coconut flavor that pairs so well with the sweet squash and spicy ginger and turmeric.
Ginger is known to help with digestion, a natural anti-inflammatory, and has analgesic properties which are very comparable to aspirin and ibuprofen, making it great to alleviate headaches, heartburn, sore muscles, etc.
Turmeric can help with blood sugar balance, detoxifying the body, fight viruses, lower inflammation and alleviate arthritis!
Butternut Squash is loaded with powerful antioxidants, which help prevent or slow down cellular damage in our bodies. It also works to reduce inflammation, which can reduce your risk of several chronic diseases. (Learn More on our Anti-Inflammatory diet page.)
Bone Broth is essential for our bodies. It will help keep your skin supple, ward off wrinkles, as well as keep your joints functioning as they should. It helps repair wounds, reduces inflammation and gives you relief from osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis.
Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash, roasted and cubed (also available ready to go in your grocers produce section)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 carton Kettle & Fire Turmeric Ginger Bone Broth
- 15 oz. canned coconut milk (Full fat is best and creamiest)
- 1/2-1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Roasted seeds for topping (You can use pumpkin seeds/pepitas or roast your own from your butternut squash seeds)
In a large pot, saute the ginger and diced onion in oil over medium heat until softened (about 3 minutes). Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the cooked butternut squash and stir in the can of coconut milk. Add seasonings.
Blend to a smooth puree. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve topped with roasted seeds, if desired.
Leave a Comment