A perfect blend of sweet and salty. This glazed ham is the perfect centerpiece for your holiday table.
I used an uncured ham from the Simple Truth brand (Kroger). Many health food stores (such as Whole Foods) sell uncured hams.
Healthy Ham Glaze
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg or ground cloves (or both!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1/4 cup gold rum (such as Bacardi Gold®) P4 only
Combine Stevia, cinnamon, rum, mustard, and apple cider vinegar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly, until stevia has melted and the glaze has thickened, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.