P3 Low Carb Quick & Easy One-Skillet Dinner
Paleo | Keto | Low Carb | Whole 30
This recipe is healthy, and a SUPER EASY one-skillet dish. Making the sauce in the pan that the chicken is cooked in adds amazing flavor to the dish. While you can eat right away, allow that chicken simmer in the sauce, I’m telling you it’s incredible.
Chicken and Tomato Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Bliss (or other Italian seasoning mixed with garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or organic butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove chicken breasts from skillet; set aside.
Add ghee to the skillet and melt. Add diced onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and half & half.
Place chicken back in the skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove from heat. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Leave a Comment