This Unstuffed Cabbage Roll recipe is a healthy, delicious, simple way to fill you up! It’s a healthy meal in a bowl that the whole family will love.
You can also add in Braggs Liquid Aminos for added flavor.
This recipe will count as a protein, one veggie, and one fruit.
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll
• 1 pounds ground beef
• 1 small onion, chopped (allowed because you are making more than one serving)
• 1 small head cabbage, chopped
• 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Hunts diced tomatoes
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot Dutch oven until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover Dutch oven, reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.