Women and men may discover that they are having hair loss while losing weight. Here are a few facts about hair loss and hormones. While this does not happen with everyone, below are some tips to keep this to a minimum. Your hair texture should return to normal in Phase 4.
Here are some tips to reduce the side effects while on the diet. Remember that your hormones and thyroid are going through many changes. Nurture your hair during your weight loss journey.
1. Take biotin
2. Eat more fish, check out the Phase 2 fish recipes.
3. Add flax seed, especially in Phase 3 as your hypothalamus is resetting.
4. Try using Nioxin which helps restore the vitamins needed to the scalp to prevent hair loss or stop it.
5. Make sure you are getting your B vitamins.
6. Use shampoos and conditioners that contain biotin and silica.
7. Avoid over-consumption of salt.
8. Apple-cider vinegar, applied as a rinse.
9. One great technique many people use to help their hair grow faster is a scalp massage.
10. Regularly trimming your hair. Also keeping your hair pulled up causes strain on the hair follicles.