We have found eating out to be one of the most difficult challenges of maintaining in phase 4. Most restaurants used processed foods, chemicals and hidden sugars in their menus. Here are some tips that will help you while dining out.
1. Eat an Apple before you go- this will keep you from eating too much and keep you in control.
2. Ask for balsamic vinegar, lemon or olive oil for your dressing and better yet use avocado.
3. Make sure they are not using canola oil to cook your food.
4. Order water with lemon as it will help with digestion should there be anything in their ingredients that would cause problems.
5. Order veggies instead of fries and cottage cheese instead of hash browns.
As America becomes more processed free you will see more and more restaurants offering organic and natural foods. Make deliberate choices to pick the best places to eat that will accommodate your diet. Forgoing the greasy burger joint will serve you best in the long run.