Looking for a healthy appetizer for your holiday party? Try this recipe! A creative spin on a traditional recipe.
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 8 eggs, hardboiled
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large avocado, halved, pit and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Peel hardboiled eggs and slice them in half lengthwise. Spoon out the yolks into a medium bowl, and place whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks until crumbled. Scoop the avocado into the bowl with yolks, and coat with lime juice.
Add the salt, cumin, and garlic powder and mash again with a fork or potato masher.
Gently fold in the diced red onion, tomato, jalapeño, chopped cilantro, and bacon (save some for garnish).
Evenly disperse the guacamole yolk mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with remaining bacon and serve.