It happens to the best of us. We set out with great intentions, but occasionally succumb to the pumpkin pie and fattening treats of holiday meals. What happens if we cheat on VLCD?
If you do eat off-protocol food, it may not show up on the scale immediately, but it may show up in a day or two. Another possibility is that you may not gain, but could stay stuck at the current weight for a number of days – and sometimes up to a week – before you start seeing losses again. According to Dr. Simeons, if you cheat you will have a 3-day plateau with no weight loss and possible gain. This information is so that you can know what to expect ahead of time.
Dust yourself off, don’t beat yourself up, and get back on the wagon! No sense in stressing out over what you cannot change.
In addition, here are a few tips to get you back on track:
1. Immediately restart your 500-calorie diet and follow the strict protocol in Dr. Simeons’ book Pounds and Inches.
2. Make sure you are getting at least 2 liters of water a day.
3. Try using detox tips on the tips page.
4. Stress can hinder your weight loss so relax and get plenty of rest.
5. Reread Pounds and Inches click the link to the right and there is a section on cheating and getting back on track.
If you have any questions or need additional support, please join our Facebook group. It is a valuable resource.