One of the best supplements you can add when you are protocol is Magnesium. When combined with calcium you will increase the benefits. These two supplements are essential for helping with food cravings and assisting in hormone fluctuation side effects. Make sure and check the ingredients for no hidden sugars. The most common hidden sugars in supplements are maltodextrin, dextrose, sucrose or sucralose and maltitol.
Other benefits of these two supplements while on protocol. They will help you sleep better. Magnesium taken at bedtime will help you rest and also helps keep bowel movements regular. This is highly recommended to try if you are dealing with the side effect of constipation.
The ying to its yang, the salt to its pepper, the ping to its pong…you see where I am going with this.
Here are a few of the reasons that calcium and magnesium go hand in hand:
- Calcium stimulates the muscles; Magnesium relaxes the muscles and helps to reduce pain.
- Calcium maintains proper nerve and muscle function; Magnesium prohibits cramps and fatigue.
- Magnesium helps with the formation of strong bones and teeth; bones and teeth are comprised of calcium.
- Calcium regulates the rhythm of the heart; magnesium maintains healthy heart rhythm.
- Calcium helps regulate nutrients in and out of cell membranes and helps blood to clot; magnesium converts blood sugar into energy and is involved in many enzymatic reactions.
- Magnesium aids in the absorption of calcium; ingested calcium without magnesium is flushed right out of the body so both are required in the proper proportion. (2 Cal:1 Mag)
In fact, when a diet is lacking in magnesium, the calcium is not absorbed into the blood and bones but is taken in by the soft tissue which causes arthritic pain. Many believe that it is the lack of calcium causing arthritis when, actually, it is the improper absorption of the calcium.
They are imperative. They are powerful. They are available.
Here is a good clean formula (click here) capsules
Or if you like liquid for try Calm below.
Calm CALMAG is a good choice (Click HERE)