Protocol Takes Discipline
We set out with great intentions to not succumb to the pumpkin pie and fattening carbohydrates of the holiday meal or family gathering. What happens if we cheat and we are on VLCD. The diet takes discipline, determination and careful planning. I think careful planning may be the smartest thing we can teach. I will link to my favorite to go recipes that kept me from cheating. According to Dr. Simeons if you cheat you will have a 3 day plateau with no weight loss and possible gain. Expect this and be determined to stay on track. There are many who start this diet without reading Pounds and Inches and I can honestly say that will be your biggest mistake. You have to be mentally and emotionally ready for this diet whether doing the 23-26 days or the 40-43 day plans. There have been some that take interruptions and cycle and I would just caution this kind of thinking can lead you to a slower weight loss pattern.
Here are a few tips to get you back on track:
1. Immediately restart your 500 calorie diet and follow the strict protocol in Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches
2. Make sure you are getting at least 2 liters of water a day and add lemon to your water.
3. Do a detox bath or try the Health Pro Detox Plan.
4. Stress can hinder your weight loss so relax and get plenty of rest.
5. I always kept melba toast in my car and an apple or orange in my purse. If I was away to long they have saved me so many times to have that with me. One of my favorite TO-GO lunches is the Apple Chicken Salad. This salad has saved me so many times when I had a lunch meeting or was going to be gone from home for an extended time.
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Some eat their fruit mid-morning if they cannot make it to lunch.
1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken must be removed from the bird.
2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
3. One bread stick (grissini) or one Melba toast.
4. An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
The same four choices as lunch.
Leave a Comment