Phase 2 recipe
Grilled Skirt Steak/Flank Steak
- 100 grams or 3.5 oz of Skirt Steak
- Seasoning salt/other spices
Dry the meat very well before grilling (to get a nice brown crust) and because the steak is relatively thin, you’ll need to cook it uncovered and over very high heat. A couple of minutes per side should be sufficient for medium rare.
- 8-10 Stalks asparagus spears
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs MCT oil ( if you have it) this replaces Olive Oil
- Fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
Preheat oven to 500* Snap off tough cut ends of asparagus. Place asparagus on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with MTC oil , garlic and spices. Toss gently. Add red onions on top for a bit more flavor and squeeze desired amount of lemon juice. Bake for 8-12 minutes ( larger stalks take longer) or until roasted.